Thursday 14 April 2016

OGAM dryads - NSFW

... you know, it's amazing how many more hits a post generates if it has those four letters in it - NSFW. The internet, eh?

Dryad by Devi-Eurynome

So, with only a little further-ado, here are the latest additions to my Of Gods and Mortals forces, a unit of four dryads. Dryads count as mortal units in the game, and are, on the face of it, rather rubbish. With a combat factor of 1, they can expect to be beaten up by most other mortals, not to mention legends or gods. 


But, and it is a shapely but, these leaf-clad lovelies suffer no penalties in wooded terrain and are also pretty cheap. I have found in my previous games that I do not to use my mortal units very much. I previously only had two - hypaspists and satyr archers - and they tend to just sit around invoking most of the time, either to grant my god more power, or to bring the god back after they have taken a smiting.

At only 40 points for the unit (out of the recommended 900 point budget), I figured I might like to try some dryads out. They can just be popped on the table, in a wood out of the way somewhere, and invoke to their heart's content, freeing up my more combat-capable mortals to fight.

The models are all from Shadowforge. I already had the one second from the left, which was painted up about five or six years ago. The other three are a recent purchase, painted up this week. I don't think the older paint job stands out too much. From a distance, the flock colours are (for me) the biggest difference. On closer inspection, it's clear that the single model was painted as a character and has a bit more care taken with highlighting etc, but on the whole I think they work well as a unit.





1 comment:

  1. Great painting, I also like the purpose built base for 4 figures. In OGAM games, I've also come to the conclusion to run cheap mortals as dice pools for the gods.

    ReplyDelete